Crime Reduction Grants
This year the Grants Committee of the New Mexico Sentencing Commission will be awarding funds to 3 to 5 programs. Project applications will be accepted until May 7, 2021. Projects receiving grants must use all funds by June 30, 2022.
- Eligible programs should advance one of the following goals:
- Treatment and supervision alternatives to incarceration; or
- Programs to reduce barriers to participation by criminal offenders in pre-prosecution diversion.
- Eligible programs must also meet the following requirements:
- Must be endorsed/approved by the appropriate CJCC.
- Recipients must allocate no more than 5% of the grant to administrative costs.
- Recipients are required to provide program data to NMSC, including participants’ names and other identifiers for evaluation purposes.
- Recipients are strongly encouraged to use evidence-based program models.
- For further information on evidence-based practices, go to: https://www.pewtrusts.org/-/media/assets/2020/04/evidenceresources_resultsfirst_fs.pdf
The use of funds is flexible. For example, grant funds could be used to:
- Initiate the planning stages of a new program;
- Train staff to take on new tasks;
- Fund treatment for participants; or
- Purchase necessary equipment to implement a program
Programs can be multi-year or one year.
For questions about the program, please contact:
- Derek Chin
- Data Integration Program Manager
- NM Sentencing Commission